When launching a standalone application (released prior to 2017) you may get an Exception error message:
"Exception at runtime initialization: The type initializer for 'NetTrace.Tracer' threw an exception.. Root element is missing".
Furthermore, a folder path may be provided. This folder may look like the path below:
This error message may be the result of a damaged configuration file, or you may not have sufficient user permissions to edit the file in question. Follow the instructions below to resolve this issue:
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder indicated in the error message.
- Delete the file "user.config":
- Start the IATA application again. It will recreate a new user.config file.
If you still get the error after deleting the file mentioned above, there might be insufficient user permissions on the file. Your IT department may be able to help with this:
- The current user needs to be able to read and write to the user.config file;
- The current user also needs to be able to create and delete files in the same folder