You may get the error message below when launching our older IATA applications (pre-2017 editions):
"Read PDF. An exception occurred. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
The error may be the result of having installed the IATA application to a UNC path (example: \\folder\subfolder) instead of the suggested default folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\IATA). You can confirm this by right-clicking the IATA product icon on the desktop, selecting Properties, and see what is displayed in the "Start in" field.
There two ways you can work around this issue:
- Uninstall the IATA application, and confirm that you also want to deactivate the product key.
- Re-install the IATA application to a non-UNC path (preferably the suggested default folder). You can use the same product key to reactivate the application.
You may need your IT department's help if you are not comfortable with the following instructions:
- Right-click the IATA product icon on your desktop, select Properties, and copy the content of the "Start in" field;
- Go to the Start Menu, right-click the "Computer" icon, and select "Map Network drive";
- Choose an unused drive letter and paste the UNC path, which you have copied above, into the "Folder" field;
- Navigate to the newly-created drive letter, right-click the application executable file (DGRo.exe, ACDo.exe, ADRMo.exe, etc.), and select: “Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)";
- Use this new icon on the desktop to start the application from now on (you can delete the old one if this one works.)