When starting an IATA application, you may receive the following error message:
"The IATA font could not be loaded. Revisions marks and additional IATA requirement symbol will not be shown."
Here are a few solutions that might fix this issue:
1- Verify that the font "IATAUniR.ttf" is in the Font subfolder:
- Right-click the IATA product icon on the desktop, and select "Open file location".
- **If you have the IATA Reader product version, right-click the IATA Reader icon instead.
- Go to the Font subfolder and make sure the file "IATAUniR.ttf" is present.
- If the font is missing, you can download it from the link at the bottom of this page, then put it in the Font subfolder.
- You can also try to repair the installation:
- Go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select the IATA product that is missing the font, and click on either Repair (or Change, then Repair).
- **If you have the IATA Reader product version, select IATA Reader instead.
- This will try to reinstall the missing files.
2- If the font is present in the IATA product Font folder, as described under Step 1, but you still get the error message, you can try to add the "IATAUniR.ttf" font directly to Windows:
- Go to the Font folder as with #1 above.
- Right-click the "IATAUniR.ttf" file, and select Install.
You will require administrator access to perform this action.
3- Run the IATA application as an administrator:
- Right-click the IATA application icon on the desktop, and select "Run as administrator".
- If the application starts without getting the error message, then maybe there is a group policy blocking access to non-Windows fonts.
- You will have to ask your IT department to allow access to this font.
4- If you are running under Windows 10:
- Windows 10 has a feature called Blocking Untrusted Fonts which may be active on your network.
- Forward to your IT department the following tech article from Microsoft:
- If the feature cannot be turned off due to your company's security policy, they might be able to exclude the IATA application from this security measure.
Please be aware that other than missing the revision marks - the symbols that indicate changes since the last version - the application will work normally, except that you will have to dismiss the error message before the application starts.